Caring for your Printer Cartridges
We have been remanufacturing printer cartridges since 1996, so you know that your cartridges are in great hands with us. But what can you do to ensure that they stay in the best shape possible so that you can reuse and recycle them for years to come?
With proper care, printer cartridges can be refilled and repurposed indefinitely, but that doesn’t mean they are indestructible!
Our Top Tips for Getting the Most out of Your Ink Cartridges
- Never let your cartridge run completely out of ink. As soon as the cartridge is reading as empty replace it immediately to avoid permanent damage – even if it still has some ink inside. The remaining ink in your cartridge has a cooling effect on the resistors and without it they will burn out.
- Protect the casing. If the cartridge casing itself is damaged then remanufacturing may not be possible, treat the plastic casing with care and if you suspect the casing may be damaged email us to find out what you can do next.
- Take care of your empties. Place empty cartridges in an airtight container and away from sunlight to avoid them drying out. Preferably in the black zip-lock bag and box they came in. Don’t leave cartridges in a hot car, excess heat will cause them to leak.
- Try not to touch. Touching the printheads will increase your risk of contaminating the cartridge. Even if you’re just putting something on them to stop the ink drying out. Likewise, avoid touching the copper contact points on the cartridge or the printer.
- Send them off ASAP. If the remaining ink inside your cartridge dries out, we won’t be able to refill it, so send off spent cartridges as soon as you can.
- Be prepared. Always have a replacement cartridge on hand and ready to go, so that you can cycle through cartridges without any disruption to your printing.
Ready to get your printer cartridges remanufactured? Email us now with your printer model number to get an obligation free quote.